Unsatisfactory day. After speaking with the staff it seems that if I want the software in the library to match that in the classrooms then I have to go and sort it out myself. My expectation, which I do not think unreasonable, is that the software would be standardised across the University.
Finished the Post Office model. I have decided to make the models for the buildings fairly simple. The same will go for the three vehicles when I come to make them. I have not yet started animating the models, indeed they are not even textured yet.
With regards to texturing the models I have decided to go for flat colours. My knowledge of the texturing process, and my skill at UV mapping are quite low and I want to avoid big hurdles at this stage.
I’ll begin work on colouring the Harry model tomorrow and we’ll see how that goes.